10/21/09

Backpackers Mr. Sea- Seoul

I convinced my sister to experience staying in budget accommodation like I always do on my travels. The main requirement was that we want a private room with own private bathroom. I initially thought of Golden pond hostel as recommended by a friend but there was no triple room with private bath available. In the same area, I found Backpackers Mr. Sea.


Located in Myeongyun 2ga Jongrugu, Seoul, I followed the direction found on the website. From the airport, I looked for the airport limousine just outside the arrival hall, from exit 11 you will immediately find the bus ticket booth. I paid KRW 9000 and waited for bus number 6011. Airport Limousines are available from 6:15 am up to midnight. On the 7th bus stop was Syunkwunwan University. I got down and just across the bus stop I saw Charles Salon and Gakuya Salon, between these is Backpackers Mr. Sea. From the road you will not find any sign to the guesthouse. Just head inside a small alley in between the Salons and there you will find a glass door. At first, I was hesitant to proceed inside since there was no sign at all. It just looked like a typical receiving area of a house but since I can't see anything else in between Gakuya and Charles Salon, even with a doubt I went on inside and asked. Mr. Sea was there and I handed over to him the remaining balance of krw 186,000 for the room which I booked online. From hostelworld.com, upon reservation, I paid a deposit of 20 USD. I booked a triple private room with private bath at KRW 23,000 per room per night.




The private room was actually an apartment on the 3rd floor. Inside you'll have a washing machine, a cooker with kitchen utensils and a pan. There is also a fridge. The bathroom is very small though. You'll have to access the apartment from outside and you will be given a password to enter the area. I find it very convenient since in other hostels, there is usually a curfew imposed. Here you didn't have to bother anyone even if you come late. The surrounding area is very busy. Since it is near a university, you will see a lot of young Koreans around and a lot of shops and restaurants too. From coffee shops like starbucks, dunkin donuts, to fastfood chains like mcdonalds, kfc, TGI Fridays and bars too! Of course not to outnumber are thev local restaurants serving Korean food. Street food karts, convenient stores are present everywhere within walking distance. The Hyewa station is also just 5 minutes away from the guesthouse. Dondaemon, where you will find a lot of cheap buys is only 1 station away. Changdeukgong Palace is a walking distance, about 10 minutes. Insadong and Gyungbukgong Palace are also very nearby. If you are looking for a hostel without the frills, I recommend Backpackers Mr. Sea.

Backpacker Mr Sea Amenities

Included In Price:

  • Linen
  • Parking
  • Internet Access
  • 24 Hour Reception,
  • 24 Hour SecurityWeb Acces
  • WiFi Access,
  • Internet AccessGeneralBreakfast,
  • Luggage Storage,
  • Parking, Iron/Ironing BoardFood / DrinkGuest Kitchen, BBQ Area
  • In RoomAir Conditioning,
  • Security Lockers,
  • Key Card,
  • fun things to do in Backpacker Mr sea: Common Room, BBQ Area

    Around the area at night...





    early morning around the hostel.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me and My Itchy Feet :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails